Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Tactical Hazmat is the ideal partner to work with the UK Fire and Rescue Services.
All our trainers are currently operational and have extensive knowledge and experience in the industry.
Each session can be tailored to meet your officers’ training and development objectives. Sessions aid currency of skills and competencies, removing the need for refresher courses. This process also provides external assurance of standards.
Tactical Hazmat has access to the highest calibre experts. Participants in the scheme who sign up for the annual provision have access to the advisors at Tactical Hazmat.
This package entitles to obtain support and guidance on matters relating to hazardous materials and environmental protection.
To express interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our account managers will contact you shortly.
- To maintain officers operational currency in line with the National Guidance and other CFOA best practice guidance.
- Main topics:
- Generic Standard Operating Procedure (GSOP) including ERG
- Procedures relating to acetylene, asbestos, radiation, explosives and biohazards
- Contamination vs. exposure and decontamination
- Vapours, smoke, protection and the public
- Water runoff and environmental protection issues
- UN hazard classes
- Other areas of interest:
- Chemical suicide, criminal hazmat and cannabis grows
- Field chemistry - support for your response
- COMAH, transport regulations and information sources
- Chemical exposure - risks and controls
- Petrochemical and the gas Industry
What You'll Learn
- A cyclical set of mainstream topics to maintain competences, which can be aligned with your IRMP, these can be supplemented with topical subjects
- Immersive and real-time tactical decision-making exercises to assess knowledge and understanding
- International, National and Local updates from Incidents of Note (IONs)
- CFOA Hazmat updates
4 x 1 day sessions per year