Illicit Drug Labs
This 5-day interactive course combines theory with scenario-based practical training. It enables delegates to gain the skills required to recognise and deal with the hazards posed by the process, precursors and manufacture of drugs.
An overview of the current situation and emerging trends in drug manufacture prepares delegates to deal with incidents involving a variety of chemical substances.
The course features a varied selection of hands-on sessions which increase in complexity, helping utilise the skills learned throughout the week.
Evidence recovery and dismantling are reviewed to give an essential grounding in procedures required to deal with illicit drug laboratories.
Our purpose-built training facility provides a supportive learning environment offering a great opportunity for delegates to ask all types of questions to highly knowledgeable and operational trainers.
For the course dates please view our training calendar.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our account managers will contact you shortly.
- Current situation and emerging trends
- Basic chemistry and physical properties
- ERG and information sources
- Hazard categorisation
- Sampling strategy
- Exposure vs contamination
- Demonstration of PPE
- Illicit drug laboratories
- Variety of drugs
- Gas and vapours
- Homemade explosives
- Evidence recovery and dismantling
- and more
What You'll Learn
- Identify different types of drugs
- Understand the current situation and emerging trends in drug manufacture
- Gain insights into practical solutions to optimise incident response
- Get an overview of PPE and gain confidence in its selection
- Understand evidence recovery and dismantling
- Identify signs of illicit activities