Illicit Drug Labs Course
This 5-day interactive course combines theory with scenario-based training and practical sessions in the laboratory.
The course enables delegates to gain the skills required to recognise and deal with the hazards posed by the precursors and processes involved with manufacture of drugs.
An overview of the current situation and emerging trends in drug manufacture prepares delegates to deal with incidents involving a variety of chemical substances.
Evidence recovery and dismantling are reviewed to give an essential grounding in procedures required to deal with illicit drug laboratories.
There is no requirement to have the knowledge of science or maths to attend the course.
Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day on the courses delivered at Tactical Hazmat.
Illicit Drug Laboratories course (IDL) is recognised by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
What You’ll Learn
- Identify different types of drugs
- Understand the current situation and emerging trends in drug manufacture
- Gain insights into practical solutions to optimise incident response
- Get an overview of PPE and gain confidence in its selection
- Understand evidence recovery and dismantling
- Identify signs of illicit activities
- Identify a number of common illicit drug manufacturing processes
- Risk assess, evaluate and plan a pragmatic and proportionate response to an illicit lab